The office staff are always willing to provide information to students and researchers on life issues. All the resources are available for loan free of charge. If you are searching for information not listed here, please contact the office.
For many years, “Action Life” has provided the people of the Ottawa area with information on abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, stem cell research and reproductive technologies. While Action Life does not provide counselling or support services, it does make referrals to those organizations which offer help to anyone experiencing a prenatal, postnatal or post-abortion crisis.
You are welcome to visit the Action Life office to obtain any item listed herein or to browse the extensive “Resource Library”. The office is open, Monday to Friday, from 9:30 am to 3:00 p.m. Further information may be obtained by calling the office.
Euthanasia & Assisted Suicide:
Fatal Flaws (DVD) : Legalizing Assisted Death (80 min) – A thought-provoking journey through Europe and North America to ask one of the most fundamental philosophical questions of our time: should we be giving doctors the right in law to end the life of others by euthanasia or assisted suicide?
The Euthanasia Deception (DVD) (60 min): Belgium’s 15 year experiment with euthanasia has gone terribly wrong. This film is a dire warning for the rest of the world. A documentary featuring powerful testimonies from Belgium and beyond of lives devastated by the false ideology of “mercy killing”.
Window to the WOMB-The Next Generation 2 (DVD’s) Disc 1 – Ian Donald – “The Pioneer of Clinical Ultrasound” and Disc 2 “A Journey from death to life” – Testimonies of men and women who share their personal stories of the tragic grief and pain of abortion.
Baby Steps…Live From the Womb (DVD): 16 Stages of Pre-Birth Development
A Baby’s First Months…Infinite Possibilities (DVD – 6 minutes)
In the Womb (DVD): From the moment of conception, every human embryo embarks on a incredible nine-month journey of development. Now, cutting-edge technology makes it possible for National Geographic’s “In the Womb” to open a window into the hidden world of the fetus and explore each trimester in amazing new detail.
The Biology of Prenatal Development (DVD) -“The combination of exquisite images and a clear, carefully researched text makes this video an unparalleled resource….” (42 minutes)
Ultrasound; Eyewitness to the Earliest Days of Life (DVD) An updated edition showing the fascinating journey through the womb, adding the newest digital ultrasound technology of 3-D and 4-D imaging.
Preview of A Birth. (DVD) An award winning chronicle of human development from conception to birth. This fast paced presentation creates a dynamic learning experience for any audience. (15 minutes.)
A Medical Detective Story..What You Felt Before You Were Born (DVD)…A Neurologist reveals surprising facts about prenatal development that have only recently come to light.
A Voice for Life -Mellissa Ohden survived her mother’s saline induced abortion procedure at 7 months of pregnancy. Melissa shares her story.
Abortion Survivor – Sarah Smith (DVD) – The 700 Club Special
ABC Link-Abortion Breast Cancer Link (DVD): What Every Woman has the Right the Know.
A Doctor Explains the Abortion Procedures (DVD) Dr. Noreen Johnson (15 minutes)
After the Choice (Video): Listen to the women who chose abortion….They’ll change the way you think about life.
Changing Sides – How a Pro-Life Presence Changed the Heart of a Planned Parenthood Director (DVD)- The powerful true story of how 40 Days for Life softened Abby Johnson’s heart and allowed her to see the truth about abortion (52 minutes)
Conceived in Rape: From Worthless to Priceless (DVD)….the Rebecca Kiessling Story 47 minutes )
Facing Life Head-ON – Insider Exposes Planned Parenthood: Part I and II with TV host Brad Mattes (DVD) (25 minutes)
GOSNELL – The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer (93 minutes)
Honest Answers(DVD) …Complex Problems, Serious Questions…
It’s a girl: The Three Deadliest Words in the World (DVD) – In India, China and many other parts of the world today, girls are killed, aborted and abandoned simply because they are girls. The United Nations estimates as many as 200 million girls are missing in the world today because of this so-called “gendercide”.
Just the Facts (DVD)… The Human Development Resource Council’s educational and instructional aid presenting medically cited information on abortion and reproductive options. (22 minutes)
Life After Abortion …as told by those whose lives have been forever altered (2-DVD Set) ( 1 Hour and 46 Minutes – each DVD)
Reproductive Decisions and Women’s Well-Being (DVD) Current Research and Practical Solutions
The Silent Scream (DVD) (also available in french…Le Cri Muet (Video).
A First Trimester Suction Abortion – Dr. Bernard Nathanson, a former abortionist, describes the most common abortion procedure. See an ultrasound image of a 12 week old unborn baby being aborted…an abortion from the victim’s point of view. Some graphic scenes. (27 minutes.)
UNPLANNED – Based on a true story – What she saw changed everything. The Abby Johnson story (1 hours & 50 minutes)
Women’s Health at Risk (DVD): Abortion and informed consent.
What About Abortion? Medical Facts About: Fetal Development; Abortion Procedures; Risk Factors. (19 minutes)
Dear Children. (DVD) A story of post abortion healing. Offers a poignant look at the peace that God’s forgiveness brings. (30 minutes.)
Beyond Regret (DVD): Entering into healing and wholeness after an abortion
Compassionate End of Life Care for Adults with Development Disabilities. (DVD)
Death as a Salesman: What’s wrong with assisted suicide. (DVD)
Second International Symposium on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. (DVD)
The Terri Schiavo Story (DVD)
Turning the Tide: Dignity, Compassion and Euthanasia (DVD)
Stem Cell Research.
Bioethics and Stem Cell Research – A Primer – (DVD) – Interview with Australian Bioethicist, Medical Doctor – Dr. Amin Abboud (16 minutes)
Cutting Through The Spin…on Stem Cells and Cloning (DVD)
Lines That Divide – The Great Stem Cell Debate (DVD 57 minutes) – “This DVD is a much needed tool for equipping concerned citizens with a comprehensive view of the science and ethics shaping the stem cell debate today. The film spotlights the breakthroughs being made by adult stem cell therapy–breakthroughs which are not receiving equal funding or equal media coverage…”
Stem Cells & Cloning (DVD) (34 minutes)
Stem Cell Research (DVD)
The Adoption Option (DVD): Overcoming the myths (27 minutes)
Demographic Bomb…demography is destiny (DVD-70 minutes) Part 2 of Demographic Winter. Demographic Bomb uncovers how population control programs, organizations, institutions, governments and the United Nations manipulated and coerced people, evaded political accountability and acted in underhanded ways targeting the poor and violating human rights. But their greatest impact was in the developed world.
Demographic Winter..the decline of the human family (DVD-56 minutes) Part 1 of Demographic Bomb. Demographic Winter is a ground breaking film that outlines the decline of the Human family. It will change the way you think about economics and children.
- Stem Cells…Astonishing promises…but at what cost?
- Stem Cells and Hope for Patients
- The Truth about STEM CELL Research
- Making Stem Cell Research a Priority
- Cicely Saunders: The founder of the Modern Hospice Movement, 2007 edition
- In-Vitro Fertilization..What is it? What happens to the rest of the embryos? Why is this wrong? etc.
- A look at in-vitro fertilization
- How You Began.
- What They Never Told You About the Facts of Life.
- The First Nine Months.
- The Pre-term Baby: “A Glob of Cells” or Special Patient.
- Unborn babies feel pain
- ALIVE & KICKING…AND FEELING PAIN/ facts about foetal pain
- Personhood and Discrimination.
- ABORTING THE FUTURE / the impact on society
- Abortion & Breast Cancer – Is there a Link? What is the Truth behind the Controversy?
- A Right to Know – An Intellectually Honest Look at the Abortion Debate
- Abortion..Four Quick Questions
- Before You Decide – Facing an unplanned pregnancy is hard. Fear, confusion and anger…You Have Options.
- Breast Cancer Risks and Prevention – Breast Cancer Prevention Institute – 20 pages
- Bird on an ethics wire by Margaret Sommerville, McGill University, 2007 edition.
- Complications: Abortion’s Impact on Women by The deVeber Institute for Bioethics and Social Research, 2018 2nd edition Revised and Updated.
- Defiant birth: Women who resist medical eugenics by Melinda Tankard Reist Spinifex, reprinted 2013.
- Gianna: Aborted and lived to tell about it by Jessica Shaver Renshaw, Tyndale House Publishers, 1995.
- GOSNELL – The Untold Story of America’s most prolific serial Killer – by Ann McElhinney and Phelim McAleer 2017
- Partial-Birth Abortion…An Eyewitness account
- Partial Birth Abortion – inches from infanticide
- DEATH IN THE DELIVERY ROOM – The Testimony of Jill Stanek, R.N.
- FORCED TO CHOOSE? / coerced abortion
- Join the human rights movement of the 21st century
- Language of Illusion: The Abortion Slogans.
- You’re Considering an Abortion…What can happen to you?
- Health Risks of Abortion…Is abortion safer than childbirth?
- Breast Cancer…Risks and Choices
- Hard Cases make Good People
- The Detrimental Effects of Adolescent Abortion
- The walls are talking by Abby Johnson, Ignatius Press, 2016
- If Someone You Know Considers Abortion
- Do You Know Someone?
- The Fear I Felt
- RU-486. Mifepristone: Are Women at Risk?
- RU-486: Abortion Pill / the deadly drug
- TERMINALLY ILL CHILDREN / why they have a right to life
- Abortion In Canada (Statistics).
- Some life is protected…and some life isn’t…WHY?
- The Truth About Abortion: Experience vs Rhetoric
- Unborn Babies Feel Pain
- Unplanned by Abby Johnson with Cindy Lambert, Tyndale House Publishers, 2010
- When You’ve Learned That Your Baby May Have Down Syndrome…
- WHERE HAVE THE BABY GIRLS GONE? /gendercide
- Women should know….Before they decide.
- Hope and Healing…when someone you know has had an abortion.
- A Special Word to Women Who Have Had an Abortion
- Do you know someone?
- Post-Abortion Effects….Are you at risk?
- The Pain that Follows…Coping after abortion.
- Healing the Pain of Abortion, One Weekend at a Time – Rachel’s Vineyard
- A plan- An Adoption Resource For Women With Unplanned Pregnancies
- Adoption – A Loving Choice
- The facts about private adoption for birth parents.
- A “Good Death” – Is It Possible?
- A Guide for Caregivers – Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association – 62 pages
- Advance Directives & Living Wills – What are the Pitfalls? (an Ontario, Canada perspective) 24 pages
- Assisted Suicide: Death by “Choice”?
- Caring NOT Killing!
- Death on Demand: Don’t Count Me In!”
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide – Urgent questions! 12 pages
- Exposing Vulnerable People to Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide – Alex Schadenberg – 2013 – 65 pages
- Hospice Loving and Caring Till Death.
- Doctors are for healing….
- Join the human rights movement of the 21st century
- Life – Protecting Power of Attorney for Personal Care – Euthanasia Prevention Coalition – 22 pages
- Euthanasia – What of the fear of becoming a burden? How do we deal with suffering? When someone you love is dying.
- The Quebec Government is Debating Bill 52, A Bill that will legalize Euthanasia in Quebec
- The TRUTH About Physician Assisted Suicide – 23 pages
- Oregon’s Assisted Suicide Law – Safeguards Don’t Work
- PALLIATIVE CARE – creating a place of comfort and caring
- PALLIATIVE CARE NOT EUTHANASIA – by Jean Echlin RN – October 2010 – 28 pages
- Protecting People From Euthanasia & Assisted Suicide (English and French) – Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
- Ventilators, Feeding Tubes and other End-of-Life Questions – by Linda D. Bartlett & Karen Rehder, M.D. – 12 pages
- What Patients and Caregivers Need to Know About Hospice Palliative Care
A Child is Born by Lennart Nilsson – 2004/4th Edition
Surprise Child – Finding Hope in Unexpected Pregnancy by Leslie Fields – 2006
Beginning Life by Geraldine Lux Flanagan – 1996
Women’s Health After Abortion: The medical and psychological evidence by Elizabeth Ring-Cassidy and Ian Gentles, deVeber Institute for Bioethics and Social Research, 2nd Edition 2003
PROLIFE FEMINISM – YESTERDAY & TODAY by Rachel MacNair, Mare Krane Derr & Linda Naranjo-Huebl 1995
UNPLANNED – The dramatic true story of a former Planned Parenthood leader’s eye-opening journey across the life line by Abby Johnson
Why can’t we love them both – questions and answers about abortion.
Dr. and Mrs. J. C. Willke (1997).
Complications: Abortion’s Impact on Women by Dr. Angela Lafranchi, Ian Gentles, Elizabeth Ring-Cassidey. The deVeber Institute for Bioethics and Social Research, 2013
Gianna – Aborted, and Lived to Tell About It by Jessica Shaver Renshaw 1995
The Case for Life by Scott Klusendorf 2009
A Bump in Life by Amy Ford 2013 – True Stories of Hope & Courage During an Unplanned Pregnancy
Giving Sorrow Words – Women’s stories of grief after abortion by Melinda Tankard Reist 2000
A Concise History of EUTHANASIA – Life, Death, God, and Medicine by Ian Dowbiggin 2005
A Life That Matters – The Legacy of Terri Schiavo-A Lesson for Us All by Terry’s Family…Mary and Robert Schindler ..2006
A Merciful End – The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America by Ian Dowbiggin – 2003
A Voice Unheard – The Latimer Case and People with Disabilities by Ruth Enns 1999
Bird on an ethics wire by Margaret Sommerville, McGill University, 2007 edition.
Culture of Death – The Assault on Medical Ethics in America by Wesley J. Smith – 2000
Fighting for Dear Life – The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo and What It Means For All of Us – by David Gibbs – 2006
Forced Exit – EUTHANASIA, ASSISTED SUICIDE, AND THE NEW DUTY TO DIE by Wesley J. Smith – 2006
It’s not that simple: Euthanasia & assisted suicide today by Jean Echlin and Ian Gentle-The deVeber Institute for Bioethics and Social Research, 2015.
Power over Pain – How to Get the Pain Control You Need by Eric M. Chevlen, M.D. and Wesley J. Smith – 2002
Seduced by Death – Doctors, Patients and Assisted Suicide by Herbert Hendin, M.D.1998
Biotechnology and the Assault on Parenthood.
Donald DeMarco (1991).
Reproduction Rollercoaster – Infertility and the assisted reproductive technologies by Stephen Genuis M.D. 1992
Infanticide and the Handicapped Newborn.
Dennis J. Horan, Melinda Delahoyde, editors (1982).
Death in the Nursery – The Secret Crime of Infanticide.
James Manney and John C. Blattner (1984).
Ethics at the Edges of Life – Medical and Legal Intersections.
Paul Ramsey (1980).
In My Mother’s Womb – The Catholic Church’s Defence of Natural Life.
Evangelium Vitae -Encyclical letter on the value and inviolability of human life by Pope John Paul II (1995)
Human Life and Health Care Ethics – Edited by James Bopp, Jr. (1985).
A Mother’s Ordeal – One Woman’s Fight Against China’s One-Child Policy by Steven W. Mosher 1993
The War Against Population – The economics and ideology of population control. Jacqueline Kasun (1988).
Handbook on Population by Robert J. Sassone – 1994 5th Edition.
Population Control – Real Costs, Illusory Benefits by Steven W. Mosher
Fetal Development Models.
Seven life-size models illustrate the wonder and beauty of developing life. These highly detailed and scientifically accurate models show the developing unborn child from the first month through the seventh month of development.
Model of the 10-12 week preborn child.
An authentic model of a 10-12 week preborn child. Included is a descriptive card with details of development.
Nine Month Miracle.
This CD-ROM (for Microsoft Windows) takes the viewer on a fantastic journey into life’s beginnings. Contains real-life video, dramatic photography inside the human body by world-renowned photographer Lennart Nilsson, and fascinating medical animations.
Baby Steps – Live from the Womb (French audio) – 16 stages of Pre-Birth Development (DVD) (20 minutes)
Le cri muet. (The Silent Scream) (DVD)
Ce vidéo explique une technique d’avortement et la réaction du foetus face à l’avortement. (28 minutes.)
- Cellules Souches…Tous les espoirs sont permis…mais à quel prix?
- Fécondation invitro
- Un Regard sur la fecondation in vitro
- Ce qu’ils ne vous ont jamais dit au sujet des faits de la vie.
- Les premiers jours de la vie humaine!
- Le début de ta vie.
- Enceite et Bouleversée? On est là pour toi
- L’avortement et ses risques à la sante
- Prenez part au mouvement des droits humains du 21e siecle
- Une “bonne” mort: Est-ce possible?
- Les soins palliatifs.
- Prenez part au mouvement des droits humains du 21e siecle
- Protégeons-nous contre l’euthanasie et le suicide assisté
Le livre rouge de l’avortement.
Dr. et Mme. J. C. Willke (1973).
Lettre encyclique sur la valeur et l’inviolabilité de la vie humaine. Jean Paul II (1995).
Le combat de la vie et de la mort.
Dr. Paul Chauchard (1985).
Web site – Site web.
Additional resources and information on the life issues can be found on the Action Life web site.
Des ressources additionnelles ou de plus amples renseignements sur les questions concernant le respect de la vie sont disponibles au site Web d’Action pour la vie.
Action Life Online Article